You have decided to bring together family and friends for a great party this summer with the help of an event planner, but how can you know that you are choosing the right one? Party planners are a dime a dozen and unfortunately not all of them are as good as they claim to be. You cannot afford to take any chances – not only do you want to impress your guests, you also don’t want to waste money by hiring the wrong party planner. Before you make any decisions take the following into account:
• Do they have experience with the kind of party that you have in mind? There are many different kinds of parties that you can throw. You may choose to have a birthday party, a garden party, a neighborhood party, a dress-up party – it can be anything really. Just because an event planner is good at throwing one kind of party doesn’t necessarily mean that they do another kind. Before you sign any contracts find out whether the event planner has any experience with your kind of party.
• Get clarification on the services offered. There are some excellent party planners who will take care of everything from sending out invitations to making sure that guests are fed and the venue is cleaned, but there are others who only offer advice. You are better off with a comprehensive party planner even if you have to pay more.
• Find out what they can and cannot provide. The best event planners have everything that they need to throw a party. If they don’t have it they know where they can hire from. Make sure that your party planner can provide everything that is needed including plates and glassware, cutlery, service people, a DJ and everything else that will be needed to make your party a success.
• Find out whether they are able to work with the kind of menu that you have in mind. This is especially important if you plan to offer your guests a special menu. You can ask them to cook samples that you can taste beforehand.
• There will always be an unexpected guest at every good party – someone is bound to bring a plus one who you hadn’t included in your count. A good party planner plans for a few extras to ensure that everyone is catered for.
If you find a good party planner make sure to keep their details handy – they can help you throw great parties in the future.